My favorite is Eggs Benedict with corned beef hash – its often called the “Irish Benny.” I love it! How about you?
Interesting Food Facts about Eggs Benedict
- Eggs Blackstone substitutes streaky bacon for the ham and adds a tomato slice.
- Huevos Benedict substitutes avocado for the ham, and is topped with both salsa and hollandaise sauce.
- Eggs Sardou substitutes artichoke bottoms and crossed anchovy fillets for the English muffin and ham, then tops the hollandaise sauce with chopped ham and a truffle slice. The dish was created at Antoine’s Restaurant in New Orleans in honor of the French playwright Victorien Sardou. A more widespread version of the dish starts with a base of creamed spinach, substitutes artichoke bottoms for the English muffin, and eliminates the ham.
- Portobello Benedict substitutes Portobello mushrooms for the ham, and is a popular alternative for Catholics observing the Friday Fast.
- Eggs Provençal replaces the Hollandaise sauce with Béarnaise Sauce.
Historians attribute the invention of Eggs Benedict to two different events.
Origin Story 1: In the 1860’s…
View original post 323 more words